Sunday, May 5, 2013

Whats up with the new Aubrey?

You may or may not have noticed my recent 
lifestyle change to "EATING CLEAN"

It's a actually has been something I always
thought I did but until I did the research
realized I wasn't even close.
With the inspiration and motivation
from my sister in law, Heather, and 
others....
this week I am eating and cooking CLEAN!

it's much easier then it sounds and looks. trust me.
I have found much help and guidance through
the Body Building website.


My favorite especially has been Jamie Eason,
who has helped me this past week
with all her FANTASTIC RECIPES

I think only one day this week I got a little
overwhelmed with it, only because it was
my "cheat" day/meal... so i started 
getting stressed I would revert back to 
my old ways but i'm okay! I did it!


I found this picture and a few others below
to help inspire & help me. 
I love the one above, YOU CAN'T OUT-EXERCISE
A BAD DIET. it's so true and I didn't realize
it until last week. 

I certainly don't have the WORST diet in the world
but I could do much better. This past year 
I've been working out more diligently but
my eating has been way OFF.  I've always 
gone to the gym and worked out  
but failed on the nutrition aspect of it.

I feel we all fall back to the ways of when we
were growing up and what our parents would
feed us. My mother certainly didn't feed me
junk, she always made sure we had
veggies and such. But when it came to 
sugar and desserts that's where it overtook
my life and it was seeping into every meal.
I certainly have an addiction to sugar and I realize
that I need to have that under control.

The solution?!?!?:
PROTEIN MUFFINS & BARS!


I am not kidding when I say I haven't had an 
ounce of chocolate in the one week i've been making
these and having them as little snacks throughout the day.
NO CHOCOLATE. that is a big deal for me.


 Another fantastic meal/snack option for me has been
a chocolate peanut butter banana protein smoothie.
simple, clean and healthy!




I also am in love with Jamie's recipe for tilapia fish
again, simple, easy to cook and very good for you.


I also made some Honey Almond Crisps as 
a quick grab n' go snack!



This is a killer breakfast meal loaded with protein!
however, I will not be using splenda in anymore
of my recipes as it is linked to diseases. I'll be using
Xylitol.




I am taking one day at a time and doing the best 
I can. Especially since I'm ready for a 
healthier and more fit ME. Aren't you?
You really have to want it though. 

I am thankful for this new awakening in me and
feel a thousand times better about myself
and my future!